Saturday, February 28, 2015

Review: Banila Co Clean It Zero







This is one of my favorite cleanser/makeup removers from Korea. It is an oil cleanser balm that melts away all sunscreen and makeup in one step. I usually double cleanse (here's an article from ELLE about the process) by starting off with a dime-sized amount I massage it on my dry face. The light fruity scented balm melts into the consistency of cleansing oil and gently dissolves all the makeup and it emulsifies into a milky solution when you add water. It rinses off easily without over-drying or leaving a greasy residue. I usually follow up with a gentle cleanser for a deeper cleanse just to make sure I get everything off.

I normally do put much makeup on, but it does take a bit more time to remove mascara. I use a lot of waterproof sunscreen and there were no problems removing everything.  

The tub includes a handy little curved spatula that sits on the plastic lid that covers the balm, which keeps everything clean and hygienic. This cleanser is great to pack on trips and since it is solid, there are no more worries about spilling.

This cleanser comes four different versions for different skin types:

Clean It Zero (For all types of skin)
Zero Purity (For sensitive skin) 
Zero Radiance (For dry skin)
Clean It Zero Resveratrol (For oily skin) 


Banila Co. website claims:


This bestselling cleanser is in sherbet form when you scoop it, but melts into an oil-type makeup and residue remover as you massage it over your skin. Formulated with papaya, acerola and herbal extracts, it leaves your skin nourished and supple.
 
Ingredients:


Mineral Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, PEG-10 Isostearate, Polyethylene, Butylene Glycol, Water, Rubus Suavissimus (Raspberry) Leaf Extract, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Extract, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Viscum Album (Mistletoe) Leaf Extract, Angelica Polymorpha Sinesis Root Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Malpighia Glabra (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Leaf Extract, BHT, Butylparaben, CI 16255, CI 15985, Fragrance

Price: The retail price is around $20, but you might be able to find it cheaper online from websites that specialize in Korean cosmetics.

Repurchase: Yes. This is one of my HG products. I love the citrus, fruity scent and how it leaves my skin clean, but not stripped. I also bought Zero Radiance and Zero Resveratrol while on vacation in Asia. I'll move on to these two when I finish this tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment