Saturday, February 28, 2015

Review: La Mer The Oil Absorbing Tonic



Lately my face has been getting a bit oily from the recirculated air and heat in the office. This toner was a bit pricey, but if it solved my oily issue it was worth a try. 

This toner was the type that had glittery mattifying powder submerged at the bottom so I had to gently rock the bottle to combine the two. The instructions suggested that the tonic should be dispensed onto a makeup cotton pad used to gently sweep over the face and neck; however, since this stuff was too expensive to waste on a cotton pad, I poured some on my hand and patted it on my face. It was easily absorbed, but the toner contained a very alcoholic scent. Whenever toners contain alcohol they tend to be a bit drying on the skin, but this one did not make my skin too dry and it also left a slight shimmer. I tested this without putting on anything else just to see how well it mattified my skin, but it only lasted until noon and my t-zone started to get shiny.


Reduces excess oil
The Oil Absorbing Tonic is infused with soothing algae extracts and significantly reduces excess sebum to rejuvenate and rebalance skin. The Miracle Broth™ infuses skin with precious nutrients, immersing it in moisture and energy.

Ingredients:


Price: The retail price is $90 at Holt Renfrew, but I got mine for $84.50 with a promotional coupon.

Repurchase: No. Given the cost and the effectiveness, I can find something else. The part that bothered me the most was where the instructions read: "CAUTION: Flammable until dry. Do not use near heat or flame." Yikes, how much alcohol is in this toner?

No comments:

Post a Comment